Due to the number of insurance broker M&A transactions we have completed, and our experience working in the banking world, our advisors have a deep understanding of the capital needs of insurance agents. Whether you are looking to refinance debt, need working capital for expansion plans or need to raise funds for an acquisition target, financial consulting advice from a professional can save you significant time and money.
Why would I need assistance when looking for capital?
Navigating the commercial loan process can be a tricky endeavor. While some agents may have experience with getting a business loan, a large percentage of insurance agency owners we speak with only have experience in obtaining a home mortgage or vehicle loan. These types of banking transactions can vary dramatically from obtaining financing on an insurance agency.
Traditional banking outlets, such as your hometown bank, typically do not like to extend credit to an insurance agency because a significant percentage of the business’s value is intangible. Often, local bankers claim to be able to do SBA loans, but the loan officers themselves actually have little or no experience in completing SBA 7a acquisition loans – the type you will likely need.
The reality is that there are only a handful of lenders nationwide that understand the insurance business. Each one of these lenders has specific guidelines and underwriting processes that dictate the limitations on what they can do. One lender may be the best option for a certain scenario, and a poor option for another. Working with an experienced financing consultant can save you considerable time, money, and frustration.
Why should I select Agency Brokerage Consultants?
We know the insurance lending space extensively. Our advisors have decades of experience working with a variety of lenders as both intermediaries and loan officers. We understand the pros and cons of each, their underwriting guidelines and requirements, and what it takes to close a loan. Furthermore, we have completed transactions with nearly everyone that specializes in lending to independent insurance agents and, in many cases, our firm has provided valuation services for them as well.
We will assist you in putting together a financing package, help you find the right capital partner, and navigate you through the process. We can also provide considerable value during the negotiation of loan terms and financial covenants, which saves you money and aggravation as some loan covenants can restrict your ability to run your business.
What does your process look like?
As with all of our services, we walk our clients through a systematic process. The loan consultation has a number of steps, including:
1. Interview - Schedule a call so that we can obtain high-level details on your insurance agency and determine what you are looking to accomplish both short and long term.
2. Data Collection and Analysis - If we feel that we can assist you in securing financing, we will request information about your insurance agency, review it with you, and put together a profile to be shared with lenders.
3. Review Available Options - Once the profile is complete, we will discuss the options available to you and work directly with the lenders to obtain quotes for your capital need.
4. Underwriting Approval – We will assist you with gathering documentation and answering questions requested by the lender to complete their underwriting review.
5. Closing - Finally, we will help you review the loan documents so that you understand the terms and your post-closing obligations.
While on the surface, your needs might be simple. No two scenarios are ever identical. The options available to you, or not, will be determined by numerous factors. We will work to expeditiously put you on the right path and provide you with honest feedback.
How do I get started?
You can either complete the contact form or give us a call at (321) 255-1309. We look forward to hearing from you!